Tuesday, September 2, 2008

who am I?

Who am I? That is such a vast question and it is one I am currently, deep down, trying to answer. At my age (early 40-something) most people have an idea of who they are, I suppose, but I am still searching. I had a relatively normal, uneventful childhood. I enjoyed the 80's era in high school with my high school sweetheart, whom I married. We've been married for almost 21 years....happily I might add. We have two daughters, aged 18 and 13, that have filled my life with much joy. But I have yet to fulfill any personal goals at this point. I have returned to college for one class this semester in hopes of sparking some interest, some glimmer of something imagined long ago and forgotten. I don't know....it's too late to go back, but I am hoping to stumble upon something that may lead me towards a richer more creative life.

2 comments:

cbertucci said...

I was very informed by your blog...Even though you gave alot of information, you did it with a
poetic style. It gave me insight into a piece of your soul, and I think that is a very important quality when one is conveying one's
self to the reader. You sounded wistful, yet hopeful, and at the same time you were being real. I think it's sometimes difficult getting to the truth of our inner being, but you seem to have a good handle on that. Great reading your blog, and good luck finding your path of destiny!
Cheers,
C. Bertucci

cbertucci said...

I love both of your prospective research topics. On one hand, the "Brat Pack" era has a real intrigue to that time of Hollywood glamor and drama. Yet, your idea about researching the Pre-Raphaelite artists also has it's share of fascination. Either topic would most likely be very interesting subject matter for the reader. I would go with whichever topic means the most to you in terms of passionate curiosity....
I hope this helps you.
But you have chosen 2 very good ideas for writing a most interesting research paper...bravo!
best of luck to you...
c.bertucci