Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Research Blueprint

Suffice it to say, this is not an easy project for me so I am taking every spare moment possible to focus on each detail. I have finally landed on an idea for my thesis, not being either of the original ideas I posted previously, and am trying to fine tune it into a thesis statement. It is pertaining to a fastidious character, Louis XIV King of France, and the effects on the French Culture then, and now as we know it. I find him to be quite intriguing and bizarre and am hoping an actual thesis statement will not be too difficult to come up with.

Now that the challenge of picking a topic is eliminated the next thing was to collect all of my sources so I may be thoroughly informed of my topic. This involved perusing many, many online sources both from the web and databases. I had one book that actually inspired the idea, and was able to find another related book fairly easily.

The next step will be to read through all of my sources to get a broad and well-informed base from which to begin. Of course there will be a great deal of note-taking and outline after outline to create as well. I am planning to keep a list of works cited as I go so as to keep the final process of the Works Cited page fairly simple and straightforward.

After all that I will begin drafting my paper. Collecting my thoughts and putting them on paper is not always an easy process for me. With this topic there are many details to sift through and assemble. Hopefully I have gathered plenty of source information, but if not, I will go back and look for more to round out my paper.

Finally, after the draft has been edited and revised (probably many, many times) I will complete the final draft. Hopefully, this will yield me a decent grade!

No comments: