Monday, September 8, 2008

Research Idea Assignment

The Rat Pack (research idea #1)


The Rat Pack would be a fun subject to research. I have listened to this music since I was little. I loved watching old movies with my mom when I was a kid and this music takes me back. Questions that spring to mind are:
How did they meet? How did they become "The Rat Pack" and where did that name arise from? How did each of them arrive to their famed proportion when they eventually collaborated in "The Rat Pack" venture?

The Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood (research idea #2)
Ophelia

My second interest would be the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood. They were a group of seven (sometimes one or more would join in) young men that formed a secret "brotherhood" during the Victorian era. Questions to zone in on would be:
How did they meet? Who were the women in their paintings and how were they associated to the artists? What led up to the demise of the Brotherhood? Why was it a secret?

Which one do you think I should pick?

2 comments:

VRey said...

Oh goodness... lets see.

I LOVE the rat pack era!

Anything vintage is great for me. With pleasure I'd love to learn about something like that.

-Victor Reynaga

1st LADY said...

very unique ideas to research. not only is it a unique era but very interesting.

-Gabrielle Elias